Approved for 16 CEs!
Online Experiential Training Workshop:
Core Skills in Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy
Friday, 11/4, 12pm – 4pm, Pacific Time
Saturday, 11/5, 8am – 3:15pm, Pacific Time
Sunday, 11/6, 8am – 3:15pm, Pacific Time
Online via Zoom!
Continuing Education: 16 CE credits
In this 16-hour core E-H therapy skills online training, leading instructors in the E-H field will provide theoretical explanation and experiential opportunities for the development and/or strengthening of skills and capacities that are not only core to the E-H approach but can also support therapists of many other modalities cultivate a foundation for optimizing their technical skills.
An Existential-Humanistic approach to psychotherapy can be a foundation for all therapists seeking to do deep and life-changing work with their clients. The E-H approach is based on core ways of being and working with clients that help facilitate greater awareness, greater sense of choice, increased agency and adaptiveness and a deeper connection to self and others – all in the service of healing and growing. There are core capacities and skills an E-H therapist uses to help clients effectively explore and work through their existential predicaments so they can more fully access what deeply matters to them.
Topics covered include:
- The cultivation of presence as both the ground of therapy and one of its primary objectives
- The focus on the “living moment” in working with the “here-and-now” experience of clients – staying with what presents itself phenomenologically rather than employing theoretical interventions
- The differentiation between primary, direct experience and secondary, interpretive experience – and the emphasis on working with phenomenological experience
- The meaning-making process and the formation of the Self-and-World Construct – helping clients clarify how they make sense of experience
- How to work with the client’s ways of being in the world and how to utilize the therapist-client relationship to help shift unhelpful ways of being
- How to identify and work through clients’ inner battles in order to support their longings to emerge, and feel more choice-ful and psychospiritually whole
- Integrating and embodying your theoretical beliefs and authentic sense of self in your work as a therapist
This training in core E-H therapy skills is ideal for those who have not yet had any intensive training in E-H therapy or for those who have and are seeking a refresher or reinforcement of what they’ve learned: this training works in and of itself but can also be a precursor to the longer residential training EHI holds or even a helpful follow-up to EHI’s residential training.
International Practitioners are warmly invited! Students in therapeutic Master’s and PhD programs are welcome.
Enrollment Fees Schedule
The regular fee for this training is $685, but the following discounts are available:
- The Elder/Student* rate is $635
*Elders: 65yrs+; Students: enrolled in a Masters or PhD level therapeutic arts program.
Two Payment Options Available
1. Full payment at time of enrollment-guarantees your spot immediately.
2. Or choose to pay a $150 deposit to hold one’s spot when registering. Payment by due date guarantees your place. For elders and students who register with a deposit, the $50 discount is applied to the deposit, which obviously makes it a $100 deposit for Elders/Students. Balance paid by the 10/15/22, reserves your place in the cohort. Any registrants after 10/15/2022 will pay the total fee at once to register.
Refund policy: You’ll receive a full refund, minus $75, if withdrawn after 8/1/22 but by 10/1/22. There are no refunds after that.
Due to the experiential format this is a limited enrollment workshop.
Continuing Education: This workshop has been approved for 16 CEs with live attendance. Fee: $65 (separate from tuition fee).
Accessibility: It is the policy of EHI to make every reasonable effort to provide attendees with disabilities the opportunity to take full advantage of its programs. Please contact us in advance so we can work with you. Please contact us via contact form through this site or call 415-689-1475 and Michelle will be of assistance.
APA Division 32, Society for Humanistic Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. APA Division 32, Society for Humanistic Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.Info & Registration