© 2020 All rights reserved
Core Skills in Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy
May 14-16, 2021
Waitlist Available. Contact us at program[at]ehinstitute.org to be put on the waitlist.
View the Registration Page for full description of the workshop!
An Existential-Humanistic approach to psychotherapy can be a foundation for all therapists seeking to do deep and life-changing work with their clients. The E-H approach is based on core ways of being and working with clients that help facilitate greater awareness, greater sense of choice, increased agency and adaptiveness and a deeper connection to self and others – all in the service of healing and growing. There are core capacities and skills an E-H therapist uses to help clients effectively explore and work through their existential predicaments so they can more fully access what deeply matters to them.
In this 15-hour online training, leading instructors in the E-H field will provide theoretical explanation and experiential opportunities for the development and/or strengthening of skills and capacities that are not only core to the E-H approach but can also support therapists of many other modalities cultivate a foundation for optimizing their technical skills.
Topics covered include:
- The cultivation of presence as both the ground of therapy and one of its primary objectives
- The focus on the “living moment” in working with the “here-and-now” experience of clients – staying with what presents itself phenomenologically rather than employing theoretical interventions
- The differentiation between primary, direct experience and secondary, interpretive experience – and the emphasis on working with phenomenological experience
- The meaning-making process and the formation of the Self-and-World Construct – helping client and therapist understand identity construction and de-construction
- How to work with the client’s ways of being in the world and how to utilize the therapist-client relationship to help shift unhelpful ways of being
- How to identify and work through clients’ inner battles in order to support their longings to emerge, and feel more choice-ful and psychospiritually whole
- Integrating and embodying your theoretical beliefs and authentic sense of self in your work as a therapist
Who is This Training For?
This training is for licensed/pre-licensed therapeutic professionals and students currently enrolled in Master’s or Doctorate programs in related fields.
Students, psychologists, MFTs, social workers, counselors, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and doctors are all encouraged to attend!
This training is ideal for those who have not yet had any intensive training in E-H therapy or for those who have and are seeking a refresher or reinforcement of what they’ve learned: this training works in and of itself but can also be a precursor to the longer residential training EHI holds or even a helpful follow-up to the residential training.
Dates: 2-1/2 Day Intensive Starts Friday, May 14th – Sunday, May 16th, 2021
Schedule: Friday: 12 to 3pm PDT; Saturday the 15th & 16th: 8am to 3pm PDT (w/ 1-hour lunch break).
Online: This is a Live Workshop via Zoom Meeting w/ Zoom Breakout Rooms
CE: CEs pending APA approval. CE Fee -TBA, Please contact us for more info regarding the course at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide an intimate-enough experience (even on Zoom), the number of participants will be limited.
Fee Schedule: $659 Regular Licensed/Pre-Licensed Level or $609 Regular Elder/Student* Level
*Elder/Student Eligibility: Elder=65+ and Student=Currently enrolled in a therapeutic Master’s/PhD program.